With International Women’s Day around the corner, we’re challenging you to sign up for Spin for Smart Works 2018. This is pedalling with a purpose, celebrating and empowering women, whilst enjoying competitive fun with great prizes to be won.
Spin 2018 starts on Friday 2 March and ends on International Women’s Day on Thursday 8 March. Teams of 5 are set a 500 mile target and can choose how they want to complete their cycling miles – on a road bike, gym bike or spin class. If 500 miles isn’t enough, don’t stop. Because whoever cycles the furthest will be crowned winner of Spin for Smart Works 2018.
Last year 65 teams raised nearly £50,000, which had a huge impact on what we were able to accomplish in 2017. Smart Works now helps 3000 unemployed women each year with the clothing and the confidence to succeed at their interview and move on with their lives. 59% of those who came to see us went on to get the job. We help women in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Reading and Newcastle, and were proud to be named Social Action Charity of the Year 2017. With your help, we will be able to do more to support vulnerable women at a crucial moment in their lives.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Find 5 team mates and nominate a team captain.
2. Visit our sign up page, pay the small sign up fee and enter team details.
3. To sign up you will need your team name, team mates names, gender, date of birth, email address and t shirt size.
4. Once you are signed you will need to set up your Just Giving page and link to the Spin for Smart Works Just Giving page (instructions on how to do this will be sent on sign up).
5. Get sponsored and post on social media – #SpinForSmartWorks #PedalForAPurpose
6. On Friday 2 March start racing. You have a week to do at least 500 miles. The team that cycles the furthest will be crowned winner.
For more information about the challenge contact Smart Works on 01619740669 or contact Fiona Gunnion, firstname.lastname@example.org